SOUP TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM?
Hot and sour prawn or chicken soup – depending which you prefer…
- 750ml stock
- 1 stick lemon grass, bruised
- 5cm piece of ginger, sliced
- 45ml fish sauce
- 4 red chillies, finely sliced
- 100g shiitake mushrooms
- 350g chicken breast, sliced OR prawns
- Small handful fresh basil
- Small handful fresh coriander
- Small handful spring onions
The how to:
- In a pot, bring the stock to the boil and add lemon grass, ginger, fish sauce and chillies.
- Cook for about 15 minutes and then strain the liquid.
- Bring back up to the boil and add mushrooms and chicken.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, coriander and spring onions.
- Serve immediately.
(courtesy of The Times)