Roast Salmon and Peppers With Caper Vinaigrette
Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 10m Total Time: 25m
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 small red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 piece skinless salmon fillet (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large roasting pan, toss the bell peppers, fennel, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ tea-spoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Season the salmon with ¼ teaspoon salt and 1?8 teaspoon pepper and nestle it among the vegetables.
- Roast until the salmon is opaque throughout and the vegetables are just tender, 14 to 16 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, capers, vinegar, and the remaining tablespoon of oil. Drizzle over the salmon and rice.
By Sara Quessenberry, September 2009, REal Simple.com